Athletics is a key component of campus life at EWS. We believe that an exemplary athletic program is an extension of the classroom. Our dynamic coaches go beyond teaching skills and fundamentals; they instill values of hard work, commitment, responsibility and fun.
Our talented teams have won nearly 50 combined district, regional and state championships/awards in the last 15 years. We take great pride in their success.
- About 75% of 6th - 12th grade students participate in athletics.
- New Upper School sports offerings for 2013-14 will include Boys and Girls Lacrosse teams.
- Future expansion for 2013 includes a first-class multipurpose artificial turf field and facility for lacrosse, football and soccer.
- 80% of coaches have played or coached at the collegiate or professional level.
- Our student athletes have gone on to compete in college athletics at Division 1, 2 and 3 schools, including Harvard, Cornell, Wesleyan, University of Arizona, Vassar, Middlebury, Tulane, Emory, Rhodes, Babson, Case Western, Austin College, University of California at Berkley and more.
See for yourself by watching this short video: