The Emery/Weiner School seeks qualified, innovative, energetic, faculty members from diverse backgrounds for grades 6 through 12. Preference is given for experience and advanced degrees. The School does not discriminate in employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or identity, or religion.
The School offers a wide range of benefits and opportunities to eligible faculty and staff, including:
- Competitive salaries based on experience, degree, and performance
- Financial assistance with moving expenses
- Two health insurance programs
- Prescription drug plan
- Dental and vision care insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- A flexible spending plan
- A 403(b) retirement annuity plan with School matching
- Professional development support
- Free cafeteria lunch
- A computer for each full time faculty member
- An average class size of 15 students
- Active community service and experiential learning programs
- Middle School faculty have average teaching load of 5 classes plus advisory and activity sponsorship.
- Upper School faculty teach 5 classes plus advisory and may be asked to supervise independent studies or special projects, sponsor a club or activity, or chaperone field trips
Houston’s low cost of living, moderate climate, world-class arts, cuisine, entertainment, openness to families, recreational opportunities, and rich cultural diversity make it an excellent place to work and live.