The Emery/Weiner School seeks innovative, energetic, and dedicated Substitute Teachers. Substitute positions are available for daily and long-term assignments. The Emery/Weiner School offers instruction in many subjects, including: Math, Science, Technology, Performing & Visual Arts, Judaic Studies, Language Arts, Social Science, World Languages; including Spanish and Hebrew language instruction and seeks Substitute Teachers in each discipline. Substitute Teacher hours vary but will generally be between the hours of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Key duties included:
- Promotion of student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher
- Deliver daily lesson plans
- Maintain a safe and orderly learning environment
- Collect and/or assign student assignments
- Maintain established routine of the school and classroom procedures
- Monitor students during non-instructional time, including lunchtime
- Other teaching duties as requested
- Create lesson plans, grade classwork, homework and tests and attend parent-teacher conferences (only for long-term assignments).
Qualified candidates should possess the following education & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior experience with children ages 10 to 18 is strongly preferred, particularly in a classroom setting
Please note: This is a rolling-application position and substitute teachers are hired based on availability of openings.
Applications are valid for 90 days, after which you may reapply if you wish to still be considered for the position.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and 3-5 references to email@example.com