Facility OperationsReports to:
Director of FacilitiesClassification:
The Emery/Weiner School seeks a Facility Operations position that will coordinate and oversee all events on campus, calendar coordination, coordinate vendors, and assist the Director of Facilities in all areas of operations.
The Emery/Weiner School is an independent, college-preparatory middle and high school that offers top-ranked academics, educates the whole child, and inculcates a unique student culture in an environment infused with pluralistic Judaism. Students carry with them the spirit of Tikkun Olam as they pursue an education not only for their own benefit but also to help improve the world in which they live. Our academic program encompasses traditional and progressive methods. While we stress the development of traditional academic skills, we also engage in experiential learning outside the walls of the classroom. Our culture is one that empowers students, instilling a sense of responsibility that extends to the outside community. The result is a learning partnership in which students feel a sense of ownership in the institution and — more importantly — graduate with a profound sense of self and moral self-reliance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Communicate and coordinate with school administrative teams for functioning of department to include event set ups, reservations, shared spaces, etc.
- Coordinate facilities duties for events/activities
- Participate in emergency preparedness and planning
- Manage all external facility rentals
- Partner with Director to ensure adequate security staff and facilities
- Maintain strong working relationship with all faculty and staff
- Manage building automation system schedules
- Coordinate with Second Shift Supervisor
- Set and adjust personnel schedules to meet event needs
- Evaluate facility staff performance
- Routinely check that required work around campus is completed
- Manage work order system
- Manage works orders throughout entire life cycle
- Help coordinate work orders to facility staff
- Maintain inventory of tools and supplies for custodial, maintenance, and emergency preparedness
- Supervise and coordinate housekeeping vendor
Bachelor of Administration/Science from an accredited University preferred. Five to ten years of experience in operations and managing vendors and staff. Must be able to communicate effectively using both written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, strong organizational skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, reliable and an independent worker
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Familiarity with computers running Excel, Word, Outlook, and other routine business software
- Familiarity with operation of building systems — previous maintenance management experience preferred
Conditions which differ from the normal office work environment include frequent lifting, wet, slippery floors, adverse environmental conditions, mist/dust, chemical fumes, exposure to conditions necessitating protective clothing/equipment.
This position demands good physical health. The Facility Operations personnel will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, and work a flexible schedule. Must be able to move continuously during work hours, and be able to lift and/or carry 50 pounds.
Depending on the organization’s needs, some days require long work hours and weekend work. The position is required to be on-call and respond to emergency campus needs 24/7.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities assigned to this position.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org